New York Historical Synagogues Map

B'nai Moses Chassidei Kobrin, Congregation
Address: 27 Ludlow Street, New York, NY 10002
Year Organized: 1905
Associated Towns: Kobryn (Belarus)
Aux Societies: Sick Benefit, Free Loan, Study
Notes: According to the 1907/1908 American Jewish Year Book, the congregation Bene Moses Chaside Kobrin was located at 80 Norfolk Street. According to the Jewish Communal Register (1917/1918), Congregation B’nai Moses Chassidei Kobrin was an orthodox congregation located at 27 Ludlow Street that had been organized in 1905, was associated with a cemetery, and had sick benefit, free loan, and study societies. According to the 1939 WPA Survey, Congregation Chasidim D’Kaidinof Ve’Chasidim D’Kobrin, known in English as the Pious Men of Kaidinof and Kobrin; also known as a combination of Chevra Bnai Mordecai Beth Aaron Chasidim De Koidenow (Society Sons of Mordechai, House of Aaron, Pious Men of Koldenow), a brotherhood from the town of Koidenow (now known as Dzyarzhynsk), Poland, which was organized in 1903, and Bnai Moshe Chasidim De Kobrin (Sons of Moses, Pious Men of Kobrin), a brotherhood from the town of Kobryn, Poland, which was organized in 1902. According to the 1939 Survey, the two congregations merged in 1930 and in 1939 occupied the first floor of a two-story brick building that had been dedicated in 1900 and was located at 193 Henry Street.
Name: B'nai Moses Chassidei Kobrin, Congregation
Alternate Name: Bene Moses Chaside Kobrin; Bnai Moshe Chasidim De Kobrin; Sons of Moses, Pious Men of Kobrin
Address: 27 Ludlow Street, New York, NY 10002
Borough: Manhattan
Type: Orthodox
Year Organized: 1905
Associated Towns: Kobryn (Belarus)
Aux Societies: Sick Benefit, Free Loan, Study
Notes: According to the 1907/1908 American Jewish Year Book, the congregation Bene Moses Chaside Kobrin was located at 80 Norfolk Street. According to the Jewish Communal Register (1917/1918), Congregation B’nai Moses Chassidei Kobrin was an orthodox congregation located at 27 Ludlow Street that had been organized in 1905, was associated with a cemetery, and had sick benefit, free loan, and study societies. According to the 1939 WPA Survey, Congregation Chasidim D’Kaidinof Ve’Chasidim D’Kobrin, known in English as the Pious Men of Kaidinof and Kobrin; also known as a combination of Chevra Bnai Mordecai Beth Aaron Chasidim De Koidenow (Society Sons of Mordechai, House of Aaron, Pious Men of Koldenow), a brotherhood from the town of Koidenow (now known as Dzyarzhynsk), Poland, which was organized in 1903, and Bnai Moshe Chasidim De Kobrin (Sons of Moses, Pious Men of Kobrin), a brotherhood from the town of Kobryn, Poland, which was organized in 1902. According to the 1939 Survey, the two congregations merged in 1930 and in 1939 occupied the first floor of a two-story brick building that had been dedicated in 1900 and was located at 193 Henry Street.
1907-1908 American Jewish Year Book: Listed
Jewish Communal Register (1917-1918): Listed