New York Historical Synagogues Map

First Bukoviner Congregation Tiphereth Israel V’Chovavei Sholom
Address: 120-122 Ridge Street, New York, NY 10002
Year Organized: 1926
Associated Towns: Bukovina (Romania/Ukraine)
Notes: According to the 1939 WPA Survey, Chovavei Sholom Congregation was organized in 1921 and was located at 120-122 Ridge Street from 1921 to 1926, when it merged with Congregation Tiphereth Israel to form the First Bukoviner Congregation Tiphereth Israel V’Chovavei Sholom. Congregation Tiphereth Israel had been organized in 1917 and located in various quarters on the East Side until 1921, when it occupied the rear ground floor of a brick house at 120-122 Ridge Street and then, in 1926, merged with Chovavei Sholom Congregation at that address.
Name: First Bukoviner Congregation Tiphereth Israel V’Chovavei Sholom
Alternate Name: First Bukovina Congregation Tifereth Israel V’Chovevei Shalom; First Bokavina Congregation, Glory of Israel, Lovers of Peace
Address: 120-122 Ridge Street, New York, NY 10002
Borough: Manhattan
Year Organized: 1926
Year Established: 1924
Associated Towns: Bukovina (Romania/Ukraine)
Notes: According to the 1939 WPA Survey, Chovavei Sholom Congregation was organized in 1921 and was located at 120-122 Ridge Street from 1921 to 1926, when it merged with Congregation Tiphereth Israel to form the First Bukoviner Congregation Tiphereth Israel V’Chovavei Sholom. Congregation Tiphereth Israel had been organized in 1917 and located in various quarters on the East Side until 1921, when it occupied the rear ground floor of a brick house at 120-122 Ridge Street and then, in 1926, merged with Chovavei Sholom Congregation at that address.